The growth of this market is mainly driven by rising aging population and subsequent increase in chronic diseases like COPD and asthma, technological advancement, growing home healthcare market, and growing smoking prevalence.
What the Market Looks Like?
Predicted to grow at a CAGR of 6.2% during the forecast period, the Global Medical Gas Market is estimated to reach $20.0 billion by the end of 2023. North America, the largest regional market for medical gases and equipment.
- In 2018, Air Liquide acquired EOVE (France) to increase their presence in home healthcare market. EOVE is a start-up company specialized in the manufacturing of ventilators for home-based patients suffering from chronic respiratory failure.
- In 2018, Air Liquide acquired the respiratory division of Thimar Al Jazirah Company (TAC) in Saudi Arabia. Air Liquide enters the Home Healthcare market in the Kingdom and expands its Healthcare activity in the Middle East.
- In 2018, Praxair and Taiyo Nippon Sanso Corporation (Japan) entered into an agreement to sell the majority of Praxair’s European gases business and to allow merger clearance of the business combination by European Commission.
- In 2018, Taiyo Nippon Sanso Corporation entered into an agreement with Praxair, Inc. and Linde AG to acquire the majority of their businesses in Europe.
Market Segmentation in Detailed:
Based on product, the market is broadly divided into medical gases and medical gas equipment. Increasing use of medical gases for the diagnosis and treatment of various respiratory diseases such as COPD, asthma, and other medical conditions such as cardiovascular and lifestyle diseases are further expected to drive the demand of medical gases during the forecast period.
Based on application, the Medical Gas Market is segmented into therapeutics, diagnostics, pharmaceutical manufacturing and research, and others. The therapeutic segment is expected to account for the largest share of the global Medical Gas and Equipment Market during the forecast period of 2018 to 2023. The large share of this segment can be attributed to rising incidences of cardiovascular diseases and increasing prevalence of respiratory disorders due to lifestyle changes, rising pollution levels, and growing smoking prevalence
Download PDF (Please provide your specific interest in this report so as to help you better): https://www.marketsandmarkets.com/pdfdownloadNew.asp?id=217979261
What Drives the Market?
The growth of the Global Market for Medical Gas is primarily influenced by the following factors:
- Increasing Prevalence of Chronic Diseases
- Rising Incidence of Preterm Births
- Growing Demand for Home Healthcare
- Increasing Incidence of Respiratory Diseases as A Result of the High Prevalence of Tobacco Use and Rising Pollution Levels
Geographical growth scenario of Medical Gas Market:
North America is expected to account for the largest share of the Medical Gas and Equipment Market in 2018, followed by Europe and the Asia Pacific. The increasing adoption of technologically advanced medical gases and equipment products, growing ageing population, the high healthcare expenditure, presence of advanced healthcare infrastructure, highly developed healthcare systems in the US and Canada, and the presence of a large number of leading medical gases and equipment manufacturers in the region, are responsible for the large share of the North American Market.
Request Research Sample Pages: https://www.marketsandmarkets.com/requestsampleNew.asp?id=217979261
Leading market players and strategies adopted:
The prominent players in the Medical Gas Market include Air Products and Chemicals, Inc. (U.S.), The Linde Group (Germany), Taiyo Nippon Sanso Corp. (Japan), SOL-SpA (Italy), Air Liquide (France), Praxair, Inc. (U.S.), Atlas Copco (Sweden), Messer Group (Germany), and GCE Holding AB (Sweden).